(WJZ CBS baltimore, 3/22/2012)
Alex DeMetrick reports his appeal to get out has been strengthened by the high courtâs decision on Wednesday.
John Merzbacher last walked free before he was sentenced to four life terms in 1995 for repeatedly raping Elizabeth Murphy while she was his student in the 1970s at a Catholic school in Baltimore.
âIâm just grateful for this verdict,â Murphy said. âHeâs off the street and hopefully other children are safe.â
Seventeen years later, Murphy is worried thatâs about to change.
âWhat weâre on the verge of right now is just a grave moral and legal injustice,â she said.
Continue reading “Supreme Court Decision Could Set Convicted Baltimore Child Rapist Free” at WJZ CBS Baltimore.
- The Frightening World of John Merzbacher
- Baltimore Sun Editorial: Merzbacher must not be freed
- WBFF Fox 45: Two US Supreme court rulings could help a convicted child rapist get out of prison
- Supreme Court decisions renew interest in petition fighting convicted child rapist's release
- âMerzâ â Sex Charges For A âCoolâ Ex-teacher A Section Of Baltimore Is Stunned As â70s Students Tell Of Abuse