(ABC 2 News, 02/27/2012)
Police arrested a 49-year-old man for shooting a homeowner during a botched burglary.
Bradford Holup faces attempted murder, first degree assault and burglary charges.
Police say Holup broke into a house on Allegheny Avenue early Sunday morning. While inside, the 65-year-old homeowner, George Stover, Jr., came home around 1:30 a.m.
According to police, Holup fired several warning shots. Then, he ordered the victim to walk down a stairwell into the basement. As the victim walked down the stairs, he was shot in the back of the neck.
The bullet went through Stover’s neck and came through the victim’s face.
Police say Holup tried to steal the homeowner’s car, but couldn’t get the Club off the 2007 Cadillac. The suspect left the house.
Despite being shot, Stover was able to give police a description of the suspect, including the camouflage, he was wearing.
A few hours later, police spotted a man wearing camouflage running from between several buildings and get into a Chevy Impala near Bosley and Chesapeake Avenues.
When the officer pulled the man over, they found Holup inside with Stover’s debit card.
The driver of the Impala, Kelly Sekula, was also detained.
Stover is expected to survive.
Our best wishes for George’s speedy recovery!
- WJZ 13: Police ID Intruder They Say Shot Homeowner
- Q&A with George Stover: “I play the prison chaplain who escorts Divine to the electric chair.”
- Veteran Character Actor And A Class Act: The George Stover Interview
- George Stover’s Myspace.com page
- Georger Stover’s Acting Photo Gallery
- Fast, Cheap & Out of this World: The Blood-Splattered Bargain Basement Cinema Empire of Don Dohler
Tags: george stover, john waters